GBH Maine WINDJAMMER Cruise 2020
JuNE 24 – 27, 2020
We have filled the whole boat. Please keep visiting this site to learn about other GBH on-the-water events.
3 NIGHTS IN MAINE!
Notes from cruise captain Joe Kelliher
We all said “Those are great ideas!!”
At our March dinner and Town Meeting we brainstormed many ideas to make GBH work better and be more fun. One idea that received support was for a major summer event in which all could participate. This idea was inspired by the Boston to Bermuda cruise some members took a decade ago. This WINDJAMMER CRUISE TO MAINE is shorter, less expensive, closer, has great scenery, allows us to totally relax……………. and needs no passport!
A three-night cruise keeps the price as low as possible and encourages participation by all. Power boaters get a taste of sailing and everyone gets to see Maine viewed from the water. If the weather is great you’ll wish for more and if it isn’t, well, it’s only a short time. Have another drink and grab a book!
Drive to Camden and board a historic wooden two-mast schooner on Wednesday night. Thursday and Friday we sail beautiful Penobscot Bay, stopping in two different harbors. Saturday we return to Camden and depart the ship by noon.
By going in late June it will be warm and we qualify for pre-season rates. We get additional savings for a group of 10.
The cost is $581.00 per person. This includes the 10 person discount, all taxes, all meals and free parking. Also included is a “modified open bar” — because the cruise is BYOB!! Tipping is optional.
A copy of Maine Windjammer Cruises’ 16 page brochure is here (note: file size is 5 mb).
I chose Maine Windjammer Cruises because they have been doing this since the 1930s, their rates were slightly lower than others, they offered group pricing, were nice on the phone, parking is free and all the other ships have bathrooms up on deck. These ships have them down below……better for my 2 a.m. visits.
OK, I’m interested. How do I register?
- Pricing is based on a minimum of 10 members. Most cabins are doubles with bunks or double berths. There are a few singles. The company will determine whether we will be on the Mercantile or the Grace Bailey.
- Reservations: By December 31 be sure that I have your check for $50 per person, $100 per couple. Make the check out to Joe Kelliher. Send it to 3 Alma Road, Walpole, Ma 02081. Please include all contact information.
- I will hold your check until I get 10 to sign up. If we do not have 10 sign up by December 31, we will cancel the trip, and I will return your check.
- When I get checks for 10 members I will call the company and give them your names and put your deposit on my credit card. This guarantees that we are coming and that we will have a group of 10- or more. I will then cash your check.
- I will call you. You then contact the company directly and give them another $150 per person. The remaining balance is due 5 weeks before the cruise.
- We can keep taking reservations as long as they have berths available. Both ships can accommodate 29. If we can fill one we get another $30pp discount!!!
- WARNING: The $581.00 price is a 2019 price, which they will hold for us until January 2. Registrations after January 2 will be at $625.00.
Contact Joe Kelliher with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org